The Mist System
Since the early 1970s, Pyrethrum has been used in automatic misting systems in stables and barns for the control of horse flies. In the 1980's, the misting systems controlled spiders at lake houses. In 1999, the Mosquito Mist industry began in Houston with systems designed specifically for outdoor mosquito applications, using either Pyrethrum or Permethrin (synthetic) labeled for use in outdoor Mosquito Mist Systems.
Natural Concepts installs Mistaway Systems which has two (2) main parts:
the system (the timer/control panel, a reservoir/tank, and a pump/motor),
¼” high pressure nylon tubing, and nozzles located around the perimeter of the yard.
Nozzles are installed around the perimeter of your yard on fences, trees, risers in landscape beds, and the eaves of the house. We pay great attention to detail by keeping aesthetics important. The system will be located in a remote area of the property, usually by the A/C units or pool equipment on the side of the house.
The timer determines when to mist the yard on a daily basis, usually at dawn and dusk when mosquitoes are most active. The pump will deliver the insecticide through the tubing to the nozzles, which turns the insecticide into a fine mist, killing or repelling mosquitoes for hours.
Each system is equipped with a remote control for the in-between times, or when the mosquitoes are more abundant.
Natural Concepts works with many builders to prewire Mosquito Misting System nozzles into patio/balcony ceilings (like recessed lighting) during early construction of new homes.
To get started, a Natural Concepts designer will visit your property and design a system to fit your lifestyle and budget. Each Natural Concepts system is also covered under MistAway’s ONE YEAR warranty.
All Mosquito Mist Systems include:
- Nickel Plated hardware. Brass hardware used for years in older systems cannot match the durability and longevity of our Nickel-Plated hardware.
- Specialty Pump and Motor. Our 1/2 HP motor is a workhorse. The durability and reliability of this motor is outstanding, and is covered by the Manufacturer’s One-Year Warranty.
- Remote Control. Most clients want the versatility of a remote control unit. Our powerful remote works up to 400 ft, even through walls. Use the remote to mist when you need to, which will save money on refills.
- Power Outage Backup. Eliminates the need to reset the timeclock after power outages, which is a problem with many systems on the market.
- Expand-ability. Companies that use 1/4 or 1/3 HP motors only put up to 55 nozzles on a system. Our basic 55-gal system can deliver nearly twice that amount, so there is no need for a second system for large yards. With larger systems, we encourage using a 125-gallon tank or Mistaway's unique Two-Zone Kit.
- Warranty and Guarantee. One year manufacturer’s warranty and 30 day money back guarantee. We can offer this because we install the best equipment, have experience in design, and provide excellent installation. Guaranteed.
- Owner’s Manual. Every client receives instruction on how to operate their system upon completion of the installation. Clients also receive a detailed instruction manual describing operation of every aspect of their system.
Holding Tank Reservoir, manufactured by MistAway
- 55 or 125-gallon, black, high-impact plastic reservoir
- Convenient refill cap on top
- Remote Control
- Volume markings on side
- Sealed lid
- Outdoor protective cover
- Can be located outdoors or in a garage
- 24 Volt, UL Listed, Digital controller
- 24 Hour, 7-dayTimer with Battery Backup
- Multi-level indicator
- Variable spray durations
Pump and Motor Assembly
- 1/2 HP motor with pump
- Self-contained, weather resistant
- Supports up to 110 Nozzles per system on standard pump/motor with optional zone kit
Agitation keeps a consistent blend in the tank, avoiding separation and settlement. This keeps your unit functioning at peak effectiveness for the entire contents of the drum. Very few manufacturers, if any, have agitators for their tanks.
Gen III Tankless Outdoor Misting System
The Gen III is a state of the art, more expensive tankless outdoor misting system manufactured locally by MistAway. Each time the system is activated, Gen III precisely mixes a fresh batch from the concentrate. The smart cap on the cartridge tells Gen III the proper dose of Pyrethrum to address your mosquito problem. The Gen III is also convenient to maintain; simply snap in a Pyrethrum cartridge and the automated controller does all the work.
Gen III is smart, it is the only system on the market that can detect a leak in the nozzle circuit. If it does detect a leak, it lets you know by blinking the LED light on the outside of the housing. It also suspends future mist cycles until the leak is fixed, saving you money on wasted insecticide.
Refill | Maintenance
Natural Concepts can maintain any Mosquito System. Our fleet of trucks carry all maintenance parts necessary to maintain a mosquito system, even those systems sold by others. We frequently take over refill service and maintenance from other companies.
The Natural Concepts refill service
We offer complete maintenance and a first class refill service. An average sized yard will require 2-3 refills per year. A Licensed Natural Concepts technician performs this on every refill:
- filling the tank half full with water, then
- check all the filters and nozzle tips, cleaning and replacing them as needed.
- Next we check for any minor repairs that need to be made and
- complete an overall system check.
- The last thing we do is add the bottle of solution to your tank.
Call us when empty:
You can monitor the tank level indicator on the system and call us when your system is getting low. Up to (10) Free nozzle tips replaced when needed per refill. We will get out and refill your tank within 5 days.
Calendar refill service:
This popular service is a non-contractual service we offer for the convenience of our clients. Unlimited nozzle tips are replaced each fill. WE can figure out how long it will be before you need a refill, based on the number of nozzles you have and the quantity of mists per day. WE will then proactively schedule the service without you having to keep track of anything. You decide and let us know. If for some reason you start with one option and want to switch to the other, call our office.
The Solution Used
Pyrethrum is derived from the oils extracted from a particular type of chrysanthemum flower. Pyrethrum is water based, bio-degradable, and leaves no residue. It is rapidly broken down by natural sunlight and heat. Pyrethrum has a synergist added to its mixture, to greatly improve the effectiveness of the insect knockdown at low level concentrations. Permethrin is a synthethic version,with the same characteristics as Pyrethrum. Permethrin is longer lasting than Pyrethrum and is the most commonly used solution in Mosquito Mist Systems. Natural Concepts use only solutions labeled for use in Mosquito Mist Systems
Looking for an answer? Find it here! Whether it be about lighting our our mosquito misting system we have the answers.
We proudly service Houston and surrounding areas including:
The Woodlands | Montgomery | Conroe
Magnolia | Memorial | River Oaks
West University | Bellaire | Tanglewood
Sugar Land | Kingwood